Hi! My name is Kara aka Arizona Thrifty Mom. I am so glad that you have found my website and I would love to share 10 things to help you get to know me better!
1) I am a follower of Christ and my relationship with him is top priority in my life.
2) I was told by doctors that I would never bear children. I now have 2 beautiful boys, that I gave birth to. God obviously knew more than the doctors!
3) I was married at the ripe old age of 19. It was a beautiful wedding in the middle of June. Yes, it was miserably hot. Thank goodness for air conditioning in Arizona!
4) I was a stay at home mom for over 6 years. I recently went back to work part time for an amazing company that provides insurance to churches and non-profits.
5) Some people struggle with things such as their weight...my struggle has always been with acne. Yes, I have tried it all and nothing seems to help. It has become something that I have just learned to live with.
6) I love to travel! I have been to some pretty amazing places such as Romania, Nicaragua, Belize, Guatemala, Germany and of course Hawaii!
7) Last year, 2010 was a rough year for our family, financially. Drastic cuts in my husbands paycheck caused us to short sale our home. We are now renting and saving for a down payment on our next home. Thank God for our stockpile and coupons!
8) I played softball in high school and I was the varsity starting pitcher, my freshman year.
9) I have a tendency to stack clean clothes on my dresser instead of putting them away. This drives my husband crazy! I blame it on my mother, she does the same thing.
10) I am pretty shy around new people. But, once I get to know you, I come out of my shell!